Thursday, August 30, 2012

How My Journey Began: Part I

How did my juicing journey begin? I'm glad you asked. I've been juicing fruits and vegetables for about three or four months, but I first learned about juicing a little over a year ago. It all started one evening when I was browsing Facebook. One of my friends posted a status stating he had begun a juice fast (only drinking juice and water, no eating.) To me this sounded absurd, and I quickly disregarded it as a yo-yo diet that probably did more harm than good. Each day that he fasted he posted his weight loss and how he was feeling. By day five he had lost 20 lbs., without any exercise whatsoever. The weight was falling off and he claimed that he was feeling better than ever before. He started to get quite a bit of attention from his fellow Facebook friends and many of them wanted to try what he was doing and wanted to know where he heard about such a thing. It turns out he had watched a documentary and that's what started it all. I was intrigued, I didn't need or want to lose a lot of weight, but I wanted to check it out for myself. I had to know more about this documentary...

3 comments:

  1. So far, I'm do interested in trying this out. But the starving feeling is not a small task. Can I ask that has your friend ever felt hungry or hypoglycemia? Or is that mean as long as he feels hungry, he drinks juice? Oh, I'm so curious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend didn't stick with juicing regularly even though he had a lot of success with it, so I can't comment on his personal situation. I've never tried a juice fast, but it's something that I've researched a little and I might attempt it in the future. As far as hunger goes; most of what I've read recommends consuming more juice when feeling hungry. During a fast you should take in a LOT of juice and water. I know from experience that the juice can be quite filling. As long as I drink the juice I don't really feel hungry, but I would certainly miss the act of eating after awhile. If a juice fast is something you're really interested in doing then it's best to talk to a doctor about it beforehand, especially if you're on any prescription medications. In another post I uploaded a video about a guy who goes on a juice fast for 60 days. After he released the movie he built a website devoted to helping people go on a "reboot." On the website there is a lot of information. Check it out if you want.
      http://www.jointhereboot.com/

      Delete
  2. I recommend posting the link as a live one as a post. Easy :)

    ReplyDelete