Thursday, September 6, 2012

How My Journey Began: Part II

...I honestly didn't know if my friend that I only kinda knew was batshit crazy (definitely possible,) or if this movie really was interesting enough to convince someone that only drinking fruit and vegetable juice for awhile is actually a good idea. One way or another I found out the documentary he watched was "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead." It's about an Aussie named Joe Cross who is overweight, on medications for a disease called urticaria (really bad hives,) and fed up and determined to make a change. The movie is thought-provoking, inspiring, with a feel good vibe, and I recommend it to anyone that likes documentaries, or anybody that's interested in improving their health. It's available on Netflix, and it's also free on Hulu here with limited commercial interruption. Check out the extended trailer below.


2 comments:

  1. I watched this about a year ago and was really inspired to juice but apparently most everyone else was too because I had a difficult time trying to find the juicer he uses. Well now I finally have one but it is just sitting. I think watching this again will motivate me to start juicing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. When I first bought my juicer I used it once, and then it sat for quite some time before I used it again. Sometimes getting motivated to do something as simple as making a juice can be the hardest part.

      Delete