Thursday, November 1, 2012

Become a Mad Scientist

Halloween just passed and that gave me an idea for this post. I didn't partake in any Halloween costume contests, or anything fun at all, I had the pleasure of working instead, but I did become a mad scientist tonight after work. I decided I needed to make a lot of juice, because produce has been sitting in the fridge and I needed to use it all before it went bad. So tonight I made a several batches of juice and used all of my produce. Then I stored it so that I can consume it all in the next day or two (storing juices will be the focus of my next post.)

Recently a lot of my posts have focused on juicing recipes, which are great, but tonight I wanted to use what I had and not worry about following a recipe. I was the mad scientist and the guinea pig, all at the same time. I just juiced what I had, and then I crossed my fingers and hoped it didn't taste awful. Well, it was actually pretty good. So now I have a couple extra batches of juice to drink whenever I want in the next day or two and I don't have to worry about all that produce I bought going to waste. It's a win win. 

So, don't be afraid to change up a recipe a bit or completely wing-it. Did you think the Mean Green was ok, but had a strong celery taste? If so, then try making it next time with less celery, or ginger, or whatever you think it is that you aren't a fan of. There isn't really a right or wrong way to go about making your own juice concoction, just use knowledge of what has worked in the past and don't be afraid to add your own little twist. I will advise you to not get too crazy with the fruit, there was one time I was being a mad scientist and was throwing in just about every kind of fruit I could think of. That backfired, the juice was waaaaay too sweet and it upset my stomach pretty badly. 

The whole point of this post is to encourage others to have fun with juicing, don't be afraid to try something new, you never know, you might end up with your favorite juice yet by doing a little experimenting. 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post today. I haven't juiced much because I don't have all the things here for the recipes so think I'll do the same...be a Mad Scientist (great idea to write about btw!) and just make something with what ingredients I do have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!
    This post reminds me my mom.
    LOL, she always tries the new-combination, no matter she's cooking or making juice like you, just to make them taste better or a nicer effect!

    ReplyDelete